Whether you are a student or a professional, you need to use MS Office as it is suitable for both education and business purpose. MS Office enables you to work with tools that will help you to write a document, note down points, create a spreadsheet to manage your data and much more. The Office suite covers a wide range of programs and applications that comprises of Excel, Publisher, SharePoint, One Note, and Access. Such applications have made our workload manageable. While Office.com/myaccount made them easily accessible.
You can download Office setup via office.com/setup, this will enable you to access your Office account to subscribe or download the office product. You can use your knowledge in an efficient way with applications by Microsoft office. Moreover, it enables you to work with options like Microsoft Teams, by which you can create and share your ideas anywhere on any device at any time.
Microsoft website consists of different web pages devoted to supporting MS Office users. If you ever run into a problem, the site has free templates and troubleshooting methods related to office setup.
Some noteworthy features of office.com/myaccount
- You can give access to your family members.
- You can access all your Office subscriptions at one place
- You can work collectively on Office applications.
- Reach to tech experts.
How can you sign in to Office using office.com/myaccount?
If you have purchased a license for MS Office suite or you are just reinstalling Office suite on a new device, then you do not need any product key. For this, you simply need to sign-in by using the same Office account, which you have used earlier to buy the license. You can follow the easy steps mentioned below to sign in the Office account:-
- In the first step, you have to open any Office application.
- Click on the ‘Sign In’ option on the pop-up screen.
- Now, enter the credentials associated with the licensed account.
- You have to select a specific license from the list.
- Click on ‘I agree’ option to carry forward the process.
How to create a new account in MS Office?
If you are not having a Microsoft account and want to create a new MS Office account, then consider the steps mentioned below:-
- Visit the MS official website via office.com/setup.
- Click on the ‘Sign in’ option and then select the option to create one.
- Now, choose the ‘Get a new email address’ option, and then select the ‘Next’ option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
How can you switch between Office accounts?
If you are already signed in with your MS account and you want to sign in with another MS account at the same time, then you can follow the steps mentioned below:-
- Click and select ‘File’ option in any MS Office application.
- Click on the ‘Account’ option.
- Now, click and select the ‘Switch account’ option.
What is the common issue while signing in MS Office account?
Here are a couple of issues you may encounter while signing in to your account:
“You have correct account information, but still unable to sign in”
If you are facing issues in signing in to your Microsoft account via office.com/myaccount and according to you, the credentials which you have typed to access your account are correct but you still unable to sign in to your account. In such cases you need to check the following options:-
- Verify the ‘Caps Lock’ is turned off and check the spellings of email id, which you’ve typed.
- Clear your browser history.
- You can try signing in to your account by using a different internet browser.
“Microsoft account doesn’t exist”
If you are trying to sign in to your account and you see a message on –screen saying ‘Microsoft account doesn’t exist, it means that either the username or your password is not matching with the credentials associated with your account. There can be 3 major conditions by which you are facing this issue:-
- The credentials don’t match with the one which is already associated with the MS Office account.
- You have forgotten your email or password. For which you need to reset the password for your Office account.
How can you reset your Office account password?
Here are the easy to follow steps to reset your forgotten password for Office account:-
- Go to office.com/myaccount page.
- Click on the ‘Recover your account’ and then enter the credentials to change or reset the password, and then click on the ‘Next’ option.
- Choose between email and phone options, where you want to get the security code and then click on the ‘Next’ option.
- Enter the missing information to verify that it’s actually you or someone using your account information to access the details.
- Now, click and select ‘Send code’ option.
- The office will send the security code to your alternate contact which you choose. In case you are unable to see the security code, you need to check the junk folder of your email id, if it’s not even there; you can click on the ‘Use a different verification’ option.
- You have to type the security code into the ‘Verify your identity’ page, and then select ‘Next’ option.
- Now you have to reset the password for your Microsoft account by typing it into the ‘New Password’ option.
- Confirm the information again, which you’ve typed in ‘Reenter password’ option.
Important: – If you are worried that someone is trying to or have already gained access to your account, you can choose to recover your Microsoft account password and change the settings for Microsoft account security info and verification codes.
How can you reset Microsoft account password?
- Click and visit office.com/myaccount.
- Click on the ‘Recover Microsoft account password’ option and visit the ‘Reset your password’ page.
- Now, choose the reason for which you need to reset the password and then click on the ‘Next’ option.
- Enter the credentials, you used when you have created your Office account.
- Now, enter the characters you see on the screen. This step will verify that you are not a robot.
- Once the verification gets completed, click on the ‘Next’ option to proceed further.
- If you are having access to security info on your account, then a one-time-code will be sent to your alternate email or mobile number.
- Enter the code on the next page, and then create a new password to access your account.
Microsoft Office has eased the workload by providing the applications and programs for managing our work efficiently and productively. However, you may face some common issues while accessing your account associated with Microsoft Office. Some of the common issues have been already discussed in the article above. In case you have some other issues related to Office account you can visit Office website via office.com/myaccount.