Microsoft Office is the most widely used office suite. Introduced by Bill Gates, some 30 years ago, MS Office includes applications such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Powerpoint, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Access, Microsoft OneNote, and SharePoint. Out of all these different applications, Microsoft Word Processor is widely used all over the world.
While Microsoft Office is a powerful service that most of us cannot do without these days, during its activations many times we see the error occurring, stating something like unlicensed product or Non-commercial use. This problem causes the MS Office activation to fail.
Microsoft Office 365 Installation
If you come across the same problem with the installation of your Office 365, you need to keep certain points in mind. These are:
- Make sure that while signing in into the Office, you are entering the same account that you actually used to purchase it. On using the wrong address, you can see written it on your screen –
“We couldn’t find any Office Products.”
- In case, you have installed more than one copy of Office, there would be a problem caused with its activation.
- At times, you might also fail to notice that your subscription of Microsoft Office has ended. Well, in such a scenario, you would be required to renew your subscription to use Office 365.
- If you still find the problem in activation Microsoft office, you can use the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant.
Read Here >> How to deploy Office setup on Apple devices?
Steps to Use Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant
Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant is mainly designed to help you identify and fix activation issues. In order to use it, go through the following steps:
- Download and save the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant.
- You will see the option of Application installation. Click on it.
- You will see The Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant opening in a new window. You got to click on the option of “I Agree” to accept Microsoft services agreement.
- As you will press the “Yes” button, you would allow the app to make changes to your device.
- Follow all the prompts step-by-step to troubleshoot the Office activation issue.
Reasons for the troubleshoot to fail
Even after installing Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant, your Office remains unlicensed, use can take several measures to troubleshoot the problem. Make a check in the following:
- Check your computer’s setting of date, time, and time zone. On account of the incorrect settings of these, office activation might fail.
- You can try the option of running Office administrator. It helps to fix the permission issues, causing problems with the activation of Office. In order to run Office administration, follow these steps: close all Office apps, click on the start button of your screen, In the search icon type an application name like “Word,” click on the word icon and select “run as administrator,” click on “Yes” to allow the office to run as administrator.
- It is also possible that the latest Office updates might contain fixes to activation issues. Update Office to resolve the problem.
- In case, the problem is not getting resolved, you can first uninstall your product key and then sign into activate office.
- Check your firewall, too. In case, you are using firewall from another manufacturer, it might cause problems with the activation of Microsoft Office. You can temporarily disable the firewall and activate Microsoft office.
- Similarly, your antivirus software might also be causing problems. Uninstall the antivirus and see if you are now able to activate MS office. You can reinstall antivirus once MS office is activated.
- Check your proxy settings or turn them off for sometime, if the problem still persists.
In case nothing works out, you can reach out to Office Support that would resolve your problem with the most appropriate solution.