Microsoft Office 2007 belongs to a family of Office suites in use since the year 2007. It remained one of the most popular suites of all time as it introduced the use of Office menu instead the use of menu bars and toolbars. It introduced the new formats to facilitate the sharing of information between different programs, reducing the size of documents.
People may have updated their operating systems’ version to the latest Windows 10 they might not be upgraded in terms of using Office suite. In fact, many people still like using Office 2007 because they think it is more convenient for them to use it.
While the Microsoft Office versions older than 2007 are by no means supported by Windows 10, even after more than a decade, Windows 10 is compatible with MS Office 2007. However, Office 2007 is no longer a part of mainstream support; thus, it is not certified compatible. You can run MS Office 2007 on Windows 10, it is just that you should be able to install and use it.
Let’s learn how to install and run Office 2007 on Windows 10.
Steps to Install Office 2007
You might have heard some people facing the difficulties in trying to install and activate Office 2007; however, it isn’t a problem for you to try to install it on your Windows 10 computer. All you need is the original Office 2007b CD and an important product key that you would require to install it. Follow the next few steps to install Office 2007 on your Windows 10:
- Take your Office 2007 CD and insert it into the drive. You would see the setup wizard starting up automatically. In case it doesn’t happen, you can navigate to the CD drive and click on SETUP.EXE.
- In the next step, enter a product key.
- Go through the Microsoft Software License Terms and Conditions. Click on accept to continue.
- Keep following all the prompts.
- Once the office is installed, click close.
While Microsoft is not ready to fix bugs or other issues with Microsoft Office 2007, you got to be sure that you make no mistakes while installing the software. If some compatibility issues arise while you are installing Office 2007 on Windows 10, take a look at certain conditions.
- Microsoft Office 2007 needs to be fully updated once you have installed it from the original CD.
- It needs to be fully patched too. However, it might need several passes of Microsoft update to make it fully patched.
- Some of the applications such as “Access” might face issues with its runtime engine. Well, it might take some time but the issue would resolve eventually.
- Outlook faces a challenge. You got to update Microsoft Outlook to the version12.0.6680.5000 or later.
Can you talk about any major challenges that show up your way while installing Office 2007 on your Windows 10? Also talk about the solutions of the problems that you encountered throughout the process.